The Garmin is a platform that introduces you to the new advanced devices such as handheld GPS units that are uniquely known as Garmin GPS. Remember, if you go to the unknown locations, then Garmin GPS is your real buddy. This is a very friendly or optimistic tool however there are some of the Common Garmin GPS Problems and solutions. There can be many reasons behind Garmin GPS Problems to occur and it is a must to know the respective solutions. In this article, you will get to learn all the Garmin GPS Problems that occur on a usual basis along with the steps to fix them up.
Common Garmin GPS Problems
Here are some of the common problems with Garmin GPS that might prompt on a usual basis:
- Poor display sudden power-cut or shut-off
- Failure in signal detection
- GPS locked up
- No sound output
- Exhausted logic board
- Touch screen not responding
- Faulty power button
- Exhausted battery issues
- Issues in uploading and downloading
- No visibility of GPS satellite reception
How to troubleshoot Garmin GPS Problems?
There are many GPS Problems that commonly occur on the while using the Garmin software these are as follows:
- GPS Not Starting– GPS navigation fails to start: To fix this issue you need to follow the steps given below:
- First, if all you need to check the key is turned On.
- Make sure the power cable is connected with the GPS navigation unit.
- Check the fuse behind the navigation unit and fix it ( if any issues occur).
- You need to look for the device battery.
- If the battery if the remote control is not having battery then makes sure you change it.
- No sound or voice issues- One of the common issues amongst the Garmin GPS solutions is when you do not have any sound or voice input. For this, follow the steps given below:
- First of all, you need to make sure that wires are properly connected to both the Speakers and GPS.
- Make sure that the GPS navigation unit is set to Un-mute.
- You need to check the volume of the GPS whether it is set to low or not.
- Tap on the OSD and check all the sides of the speakers.
- Just select the OSD remote and adjust the “Audio” option.
- The touch screen is not working- For this error you need to follow the steps given below:
- First of all, go to the “Menu” option.
- After this tap on the “Options” button.
- Now tap on the “Systems” followed by the “Calibration” button.
Point to remember: There are times when the screen doesn’t respond back, so if that’s the case then we recommend you dial the GPS support website for fixing up such Garmin GPS problems.
- No GPS Reception-If you see this error popping up on screen then follow the steps given below:
- First of all, you need to cross-check the GPS antenna and make sure that it is plugged in properly.
- There can be a possibility that there is no GPS in your current location due to network issues so you need to check that.
- GPS not able to pinpoint the current location– For this, you need to make sure that you are updating the GPS map regularly. Remember this older version may not be able to access some of the remote locations.
- Not Able to Find Location– If you wish to fix this problem from one of the problems with Garmin GPS then you need to verify the location and resubmit it again. If the GPS is still not able to search for the same then you need to update the current version in use.
To conclude- Common Garmin GPS Problems and solutions
So these are some of the common Garmin GPS update problems along with their respective solutions to fix these basic issues that can make you frustrate while using the Garmin GPS. Hopefully, you can deal with the common issues with the Garmin issues so that you can navigate without interruptions. However, if you still have queries related to the topic or you are stuck in between to resolve the issues then we straight away recommend you to visit the Common Garmin GPS Problems and solutions section on the Customer support page. On the website, you will get the best-in-quality support to fix in up all your queries and issues with proper guidance from the expert technicians.