The global positioning units such as the Garmin unit which you keep in your car, you can make driving to an unknown location. The unit determines the exact position using the GPS Satellites and then compares the location to its stored maps to determine the point of interest around you. With the accuracy in mapping, you will get the instructions to reach the undefined destinations. If you are looking for ways to get Garmin map updates free download 2019, then this article will help you with the proper set of instructions to learn the basic steps involved in Garmin express update find map updates.
What are the few things that are required to update the Garmin maps?
Here are few things that you need to get for updating the Garmin maps, these are as follows:
- PC or Mac operating system.Compatible data cable.
- Garmin GPS.
- Micro sd card for data transfer.
- NuMAPS lifetime subscription, if it is applicable.
- Garmin expresses software.
How to check the current Garmin map or its version?
To check the current Garmin map or its version, you need to follow the steps that are as follows:
- Just turn in the Garmin unit.
- Touch the “Tools” icon.
- After this, you will see “Touch settings cog.
- Tap on the “Map” icon.
- Now, you have to click on the “Touch Info” option.
- In this window, you will see the name of the map.
- You can check the mark on the check box to enable the mapping on the device.
Point to remember: If you do not see the map updates information screen then you need to restore the deleted maps with the Garmin Express software. This is the same process that is explained in the “Verifying Maps Installed on an Automotive Device” section.
How do I update my Garmin maps for free?
Here are the steps that will help you to get the Garmin map updates for free, follow each step carefully:
- First of all, you need to connect the Garmin updater to your computer using the USB cable.
- Use the web browser to visit the www.garmin.com/mapupdates page.
- Just select the “Automative” option and tap on the “Download Garmin updater” option.
- Save the file to the desktop and if the download button doesn’t pop-up onscreen.
- Double-tap on the downloaded file to install the Garmin update maps on your computer.
- You may need to update the Microsoft.net framework before you continue.
- The application provides the necessary information if it is needed.
- Tap on the “Search for device” option when the app is installed.
- Once the device is recognized just read the disclaimer and tap on the “Continue” button.
- If the app prompts you with “A free map update is available!” when you proceed with the steps for how do I update my Garmin maps for free, then the device is not eligible for the update.
- Tap on the “Continue” option when you are prompted with the “Ready to update your maps” option.
- If the device lacks storage space then it is required to install the update.
- Just leave the device plugged in while the update downloads and installs.
- Remember, it can take multiple hours to finish.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
We hope that this article has helped you to update my Garmin maps for free. However, if you are still stuck with the steps that are discussed for the update then it is suggested to visit the official Garmin website and get a customer support assistant for the same. Remember, the customer support team is available round the clock to assist you with the best possible solution.